To Our Guests,
I am writing to share an update on behalf of all of us at Huey’s as we manage COVID-19.
As we all know, the events of the past few days and weeks have brought fear, uncertainty and pain for many of us. As our team continues to monitor and navigate this rapidly changing situation with the rest of the world, we want you to know that we have your best interest in mind.
At Huey’s, we will always do what we can with what we have to keep our Huey’s family, which includes our employees, customers and community, well. While difficult choices may lie ahead, we will make every decision with that in mind.
To help our people and communities through this difficult time, we have implemented the following changes in all our locations:
- Social Distancing: We are doing our best to stay six feet away from each other. While this is nearly impossible to fully implement in our business, with some small changes to our procedures, we hope to create enough space to help mitigate the potential spread of the virus.
- New table guidelines: We have removed everything from the tables but the table cloths, which are disinfected after every use.
- Menus: We are directing guests to our menu website from their personal mobile device. If they prefer a menu in hand, we are giving them to-go menus and throwing away after each use.
- Items given by request only: We are giving crackers, lemons, serving baskets and other items by requests only.
- Personal Guidelines: All touching between persons is forbidden. No hugs, handshakes, shoulder taps, or any other touching is allowed. All Employees are to wash their hands after bussing each table, accepting payment from a guest or at least once every 30 minutes, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Events: Effective immediately, we are suspending all store-based events and gatherings, such as Sunday-night live music, trivia, etc. This includes our 50th Anniversary party on April 5.
- Frill Picks: For the time being, guests will not be allowed to shoot frill picks into the ceiling.
In case you don’t feel comfortable dining in, we offer to-go and sell Huey’s seasoning on our website, hueyburger.com. Additionally, we are currently researching an online food service for takeout, curb side pickup and delivery, in hopes of making Huey’s more accessible to the community.
Please take care of yourself and your family, and we will come out of this stronger than ever, together.
The Boggs Family