Huey’s is participating this year in Memphis Business Journal’s Social Madness Competition, which gives us a chance to win $10,000 for Church Health Center! The competition is based off of our Huey’s Facebook and Twitter accounts, and is judged based on the amount of engagement we have with our customers on it. We are competing with other local Memphis organizations who have a big social media presence, and if we win the local competition, we will move on to compete in the national Business Journal Competition!
The first round of the competition has begun. It started on June 3rd and runs through June 17th. (Subsequent rounds to follow.) You can learn more about the competition here.
You can vote for Huey’s here. Only one vote per person, and you must have a registered Memphis Business Journal account. However, scoring is mainly done on how well we engage with our audience.
Official scoring rules:
- Companies will be placed into three categories (small, medium, large) based on the size of their collective social following at the start of the local competition. The 132 national qualifiers will be recategorized again based on the size of their collective social following into the small, medium, and large categories at the start of the national competition. Again, the category each participant is placed in is at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The local category placements will be determined on May 16, 2013. The national category placements will be determined on July 10, 2013.
- The proprietary Social Madness algorithm will gauge votes on bizjournals.com as well as social engagement on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ during the challenge. Facebook page likes, Twitter followers, LinkedIn connections, and Google followers will not count in the algorithm.
- Social engagement is defined as likes, comments, and shares of a company’s posts by their followers.
- Scores will be updated throughout the day on bizjournals.com, but not in real-time.
- After each round, a company’s total score will reset to 0.
- Scores will be reviewed by the Social Madness judges every day. Penalties will be assessed for unnatural or purchased social media gains as determined by the judges in their sole discretion. A second offense/penalty may result in disqualification and removal from the competition.
Please, please help us and Church Health Center our by engaging with us as much as possible on Huey’s Facebook and Twitter! Like, comment, and share our Facebook posts. Follow, retweet and tweet us on Twitter! Have your friends, family, and Facebook/Twitter friends get engaged with us as well. This is all going to a good cause!
This competition runs for several months, so it is important to keep it up!
If you have any questions about this or how you can help, please contact Shannon Little at slittle(at)hueys(dot)cc or (901) 726-9693 x100.